Region 678 is proud to host the Santa Clarita Gold Rush December 10-11, 2016 at beautiful Santa Clarita Central Park!
Here are some important updates: Please check this page regularly for updates and read down the page as well.
GAME AND REFEREE SCHEDULE POSTED: The tournament is full and game/ref schedule and pools are posted. Teams have been flighted according to ratings and a review of team records. There will be no changes (other than a double booking of a team, of course). As much as we would like to accommodate teams and longer travel distance, we must schedule to create the most competitive flights for the best experience for all and that is what dictates games times.
Regarding the referee schedule portion. Unless your game and ref assignment are scheduled at the same time, there will be no adjustments. If you have a partial crew, please know that we have recorded that and plan to have standbys fill out your crew. Please make sure your referee crews come in proper attires (uniform, badge, proper shorts and socks).
Please note NIGHT GAMES! The City of Santa Clarita closed two fields affecting the schedule dramatically — which will be a good thing for many of you. We will have Saturday night games, with the final games of the night starting at 7:15 pm on Saturday. Please make note of this and be prepared to possibly referee a night game if you are playing later in the day.
Here is the tournament format
U10 Boys. 3 Flights. Six teams per flight, 3 teams per pool. Play cross pool. (18 teams total)
U12 Boys. 3 Flights. Six teams per flight, 3 teams per pool. Play cross pool. (18 teams total)
U14 Boys. 2 Flights. Six teams per flight, 3 teams per pool. Play cross pool. (12 teams total)
U10 Girls. 2 Flights. Six teams per flight, 3 teams per pool. Play cross pool. (12 teams total)
U12 Girls. 2 Flights. Eight teams per flight, 4 teams per pool. Play inter pool. (16 teams total)
U14 Girls. 2 Flights. Six teams per flight, 3 teams per pool. Play cross pool. (12 teams total)
Tournament pool play and Championship games:
- Six-team flights: Will play CROSS POOL play format; After pool play concludes, the six teams will be re-seeded based on total points. The teams with the most points, regardless of pool, will advance to the Championship for that flight. There is no 3rd/4th place game.
- Eight-team flights: In each flight, Pool winners will play Pool winner for the championship, and the top runner-ups in each pool will play for the 3rd/4th place.
Welcome to the Goldrush
This is the premier holiday tournament with All-Star, Extra, Challenge and Tournament teams competing on Dec. 10 and 11, 2016 in Santa Clarita.
For questions, email: email@example.com or text 626-348-3046
Here is what the Gold Rush has to offer:
- U10-U14 Boys and Girls Divisions (multiple U10 & U12 flights, U14 if possible)
- Guaranteed three games; 4 games for finalists
- All Games at ONE LOCATION
- Trophies for finalists
- Real restrooms (no portables)
- A helpful and professional staff that knows how to run a tournament.
What division will your team be placed in?
Because we have AYSO All-Star/Tournament/Select, and Extra and Challenge club teams on different calendars, teams will be bracketed as follows. In most age groups we will have Upper and Lower flights, so be sure to provide ample information on your team. We want the most competitive matches
Please note that U12 will play 9v9 and all players MUST play a minimum of 50% of every game, so club teams with large rosters will have to make it work or risk having their game be ruled a forfeit.
- U14 Boys and Girls — U14, U13, 2003 and 2004 teams
- U12 Boys and Girls — U12, U11, 2005 and 2006 teams
- U10 Boys and Girls — U10, U9, 2007 and 2008 teams